Our Caring People
- The Patients who you care for
- The Faculty physicians who teach you
- The Residents who you learn with
- The Clinical Teams of nurses and staff that you form
Northeast Georgia Medical Center serves a population of over one-million people, in 18 counties. The hospital system serves as a regional safety net hospital and provides care to low-income, uninsured and other vulnerable populations. Northeast Georgia is the fastest growing region of Georgia and one of the fastest growing regions in the nation.
- NGMC has the fourth busiest Emergency Department in Georgia with 103,599 visits in the last year
- The hospital serves as a Level 2 Trauma service with 1,560 trauma patients in 2017.
- We also provide regional life-flight coverage to much of northern Georgia and serve as the trauma referral center for the US Army Ranger school at Camp Frank Merrill in Dahlonega, Ga.
In Hall County, 31 percent of the population is Hispanic and the surrounding rural counties are primarily Caucasian. The median household income ranges from $32,000 in rural areas to over $75,000 in more suburban areas.
The most common cardiovascular diagnosis is hypertension, and the most common new cancer diagnoses are lung and breast cancer.
Our core faculty have trained at some of the top institutions across the country and are passionate about educating future healthcare leaders.
Northeast Georgia Health System strives to bring primary care and specialty services closer to home through strong collaborations with local physicians and physician groups.
- Northeast Georgia Physicians Group (NGPG). As the state’s sixth-largest physician group, NGPG has a practice nearby that offers expert care, close to home. NGPG brings together more than 350 talented physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, midwives and other clinical staff representing more than 25 specialties at more than 65 locations across North Georgia.
- Longstreet Clinic. A primary care and a multi-specialty medical group devoted to providing high-quality care to all of the communities we serve. Through a fully-integrated, multi-disciplinary approach, Longstreet Clinic assures the most appropriate and cost-effective services are delivered in a caring and compassionate manner.
- The Heart Center of NGMC is the largest cardiology practice in the region, with more than 65 providers seeing patients at 14 locations. Our cardiologists make sure patients’ hearts stay healthy by treating routine and complex conditions, and they lead new ideas about prevention and treatment through clinical research and trials.
Learn about the people who built Northeast Georgia Medical Center in the publication celebrating the 50th anniversary of the hospital in 2001.
In 2019, the inaugural class of residents will arrive at NGMC. We are looking for residents who are interested in helping us create a new culture of graduate medical education in our institution. Successful residents will have a passion for excellence, a commitment to the community and a desire to be an integral part of the team.
The physician of the 21st century must know how to lead and function as part of an integrated healthcare team composed of nurses, advanced practice providers, pharmacists, therapists and physicians. Our teams can practice and train together in an advanced simulation center with an operating room, a trauma/emergency department bay and a labor/delivery room.