Our Caring People
- The Patients who you care for
- The Faculty physicians who teach you
- The Residents who you learn with
- The Clinical Teams of nurses and staff that you form
Northeast Georgia Medical Center serves a population of over one-million people, in 19 counties. The hospital system includes campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega and serves as a regional safety net hospital and provides care to low-income, uninsured and other vulnerable populations. Northeast Georgia is the fastest growing region of Georgia and one of the fastest growing regions in the nation.
- More than 180,000 patients trust their emergency care to NGMC each year.
- NGMC Gainesville serves as a Level 2 Trauma Center with more than 2,400 trauma admissions annually.
- We also provide regional life-flight coverage to much of northern Georgia and serve as the trauma referral center for the US Army Ranger school at Camp Frank Merrill in Dahlonega, Ga.
In Hall County, 31 percent of the population is Hispanic and the surrounding rural counties are primarily Caucasian. The median household income ranges from $32,000 in rural areas to over $75,000 in more suburban areas.
The most common cardiovascular diagnosis is hypertension, and the most common new cancer diagnoses are lung and breast cancer.
Our core faculty have trained at some of the top institutions across the country and are passionate about educating future healthcare leaders.
Northeast Georgia Health System strives to bring primary care and specialty services closer to home through strong collaborations with local physicians and physician groups.
- Northeast Georgia Physicians Group (NGPG). Northeast Georgia Physicians Group (NGPG) brings together over 650 talented physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, midwives and other clinical staff at more than 95 locations across North Georgia. As the state’s sixth-largest physician group, we always have a practice nearby to offer expert care in more than 40 specialties.
- Longstreet Clinic. A primary care and a multi-specialty medical group devoted to providing high-quality care to all of the communities we serve through a fully-integrated, multi-disciplinary approach, Longstreet Clinic assures the most appropriate and cost-effective services are delivered in a caring and compassionate manner.
- The Heart Center of NGMC has more than 75 providers seeing patients at 13 locations. As the top heart program in the region, NGMC has always been focused on providing the absolute highest level of care. We perform more than 9,000 heart procedures and treat more than 45,000 patients each year. Whether it’s pinpointing a specific type of heart disease or performing the most complex procedures – and beyond – our experts know how to ensure lasting heart health.
In 2020, the Graduate Medical Education program welcomed the second class of Internal Medicine and General Surgery residents, and the inaugural class of Family Medicine residents, bringing the total to 64 resident physicians working in our health system and community. The program expanded in 2021 by receiving initial accreditation for three additional specialties – Emergency Medicine, Psychiatry and OB/GYN. By 2024, NGMC GME could host more than 200 residents in all six specialties. Graduates of our program will be the next physician leaders who see challenges as opportunities and seek ways to improve their skills and the field of medicine into the future!
The physician of the 21st century must know how to lead and function as part of an integrated healthcare team composed of nurses, advanced practice providers, pharmacists, therapists and physicians. Our teams can practice and train together in an advanced simulation center with an operating room, a trauma/emergency department bay and a labor/delivery room.