Our mission is to develop world-class physicians and leaders in the field of emergency medicine; to always bear in mind that our training is in service to our patients and to our community; and to adhere to a core set of values.
- Clinical excellence is the bedrock for any career in emergency medicine. In order to be good leaders, scholars, or advocates we must first be good physicians.
- A diversity of thought and backgrounds is necessary to care for all of our patients and to work towards eliminating healthcare disparities in emergency medicine.
- We are accountable to our patients and to each other. We will strive to always conduct ourselves with honesty, integrity, and transparency.
- We can always improve. We will challenge each other and ourselves to move beyond our comfort zone, always asking, “How can we be better?”
- We are strongest when each of us has ownership and an ability to make an impact on the clinical and educational environment. This is key to career satisfaction, longevity, and wellness.
- We are a family. We will always strive to love each other, feed each other, and support each other in times of need.